Picture credit: Darren Hercher Fadoa
1. Ama Ata Aidoo is arguably the greatest writer Ghana has ever produced.
2. This is Ama Ata Aidoo’s first appearance in London for yonkers – and it’s a long way from Ghana, baby.
3. Come and root for Ghana – because the Black Stars did so well at the world cup, but they’re out and you need a new reason to root for Ghana.
4. You’ve read all of Ama Ata Aidoo’s books – and you just want her to smile at you and sign your books.
Ama Ata Aidoo being hugged by fellow writer Wole Soyinka at an event in Accra, 9th July celebrating his 80th year
Picture Credit: Kobina Graham
5. You haven’t read any of her books – but you still want her to smile at you and sign your books.
6. You’re one of those people who likes to ask really intelligent sounding questions at public events. This is perfect for you.
7. You’re one of those people who likes to go to really interesting events, even if you’re too shy to ask a question in public.
8. You love plums – and you may even be a sister killjoy, but you’re fierce, so who cares.
9. You love writers who tell human stories about how African men and women love each other.
10. You love a bargain and for £5 – £8 a ticket who would miss this lifetime opportunity to hear a genius speak.