Embrace’s Africa Forum is delighted to invite you to our first Speakers Series Session of the year. This event will be led by a panel of world renowned Healthcare experts across various industries, including our very own Zienzi Musamirapamwe, Head of Public Sector, Corporate and Investment Banking, Barclays Africa
It is estimated that the healthcare market in Sub-Saharan Africa will rocket to $35bn by 2016 as a result of the fast paced economic growth taking place in the region. However, recent events in West Africa have shown how decades of health services neglect can cause chaos within a short space of time and diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria continue to cause 2.5m deaths a year.
In the region that has 20% of the world’s population but only 3% of the world’s health workers, what can be done to secure development of healthcare infrastructure? Moreover, the question of who is responsible for Healthcare in the region remains unanswered.
The speaker series on the 9th April will focus on the challenges and opportunities presented by the healthcare sector in Sub-Saharan Africa as presented by representatives from a variety of sectors.
· Gita Honwana Welch (Chair) – Associate Fellow, Africa Programme, Chatham House
· Professor Keith PWJ McAdam (Keynote Speaker) – Special Advisor for East, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA) at the Royal College of Physicians and Board Member of AMREF Health Africa International Board
· Dr Titilola Banjoko (Keynote Speaker) – Healthcare Professional and Council Member of the Royal African Society
· Zienzi Musamirapamwe (Panellist) – Head of Public Sector, Corporate and Investment Banking, Barclays Africa
· Sarah Pasternak (Panellist) – GSK Director Market Access Programme, Global Health Programmes, CEO Corporate Strategy
· Dr Rita Noronha (Panellist) – Deputy Country Director at AMREF Tanzania
· Denver Phiri (Panellist) – Manager, Global Health Economics, GE Healthcare
For those joining the event from outside London, dial-in details will be provided closer to the time.
5:30pm – 6:00pm: Arrival*
6:00pm – 6:20pm: Welcome and Keynote Speaker
6:20pm – 6:50pm: Panel Discussion
6:50pm – 7:20pm: Q&A
7:20pm – 7:30pm: Keynote Speaker and Closing Remarks
7:30pm – 8:30pm: Networking
* The event will begin promptly at 6:00pm
For further details about the event please send an email to the Team
About the Africa Forum
The Africa Forum is a member of the Embrace Network. It exists to raise employee awareness about positive developments on the African continent and Barclays’ presence in Africa. The Africa Forum provides a central platform for employees to network, share ideas and best practice, while discussing important issues that affect Africa globally.