The Oxford Africa Conference is one of the largest and most globally recognized African conferences of its type organized by the long-established Oxford Africa Society in close partnership with the Oxford Africa Business network.
The event is a solely student-led initiative that convenes ~500 delegates and ~60 speakers on an annual basis. The upcoming conference will take place on 22nd and 23rd of May 2015 focusing on Africa as “A Continent on the Move: People, Politics and Business across borders”. It is aimed to provide a vibrant platform for new thinking about an international Africa across all disciplines – politics, business, arts, technology and academia – connecting intergenerational leaders from around the world to shape an integrated and innovative perspective on African issues.
Our conference will be opened by His Excellency John Dramani Mahama, President of the Republic of Ghana, this year. Further speakers include:
• Tony Elumelu, Chairman of Heirs Holdings
• Nkozana Moyo, Executive Chairman, Mandela Institute for Development Studies
• Vera Songwe, Country Director for the World Bank
• Keorapetse Kogsitsile, National Poet Laureate of the Republic of South Africa
• Ashish Thakkar, CEO of Mara Group
…and many more!