The Ugandan Convention UK (UCU), has become one of the year’s largest Ugandan focused investor events in London. The summit in partnership with Uganda Investment Authority has high level support from the Ugandan government and business leaders, the UK government and the Diaspora business community.
With the high profile speakers, Lords, ministers all presenting on a high-level plenary, UCU brings together leaders of business and high level government officials who are all actively seeking inward investment.
Most importantly, business leaders, ministers and CEO’s of private and state owned companies will be presenting bankable projects in various sectors to delegates of banks and financial institutions, investors and financiers, multilateral organisations, trade associations, business consultants, agriculture/agribusiness,
exporters and importers, manufacturers and franchisers, distributors, legal experts, credit and political risk insurers, real estate developers, EAC Diaspora and regional /local authorities, fund managers, private equity firms, institutional investors and corporate representatives.
Investors will have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one meetings with high level government officials including the Prime Minister of Uganda to discuss potential projects and investment opportunities on how to use Uganda as a hub to access an expanding market of nearly 374m consumers from the EAC and SADC Markets.
- Explore how to optimise value-chains
- Discuss the potential of the private sector in contributing to agricultural development
- Explore financing options and investment opportunities
- Discuss strategies and policies to improve smallholders’ access to markets and access to finance
- Gain an understanding of local, regional and global market demand
- Understand price developments in the commodity markets
- Learn about the role of Commodity Exchanges in Africa
- Forge new partnerships and business ventures
- Enjoy a platform to meet key decision makers and discuss priorities, long-term strategies and result-focused solutions and policies