For the 5th year, the Fondation Alliance Française is organising its international photography competition. This year, the famous French photographer Yann Arthus-Bertrand will be support the competition and the theme is Climat, Etat d’urgence (Climate, state of emergency). The network of Alliance Française in Southern Africa is pleased to be part of this contest and to participate from 2 March to 11 May 2015.
If you live in Southern Africa (South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe or Mozambique), if you are older than 18 and enjoy photography, you can take part. All you need to do is take 2 pictures about one or several of these ideas: climatic issues in your region; climatic evolutions (real or perceived); consequences on people’s lives; public or private solutions that are realized or imagined to fight those negative effects.
We will select one winner in each Alliance Française, and send their photos to Paris, where they will have a chance to win the international competition organised by the Alliance Française Fondation.
Regional Prize: The regional winner in Southern Africa will win a return plane ticket from South Africa to the Reunion Island. A regional jury will select one regional candidate by the 4th of June 2015.
– The Foundation Alliance française will offer the final winner a return plane ticket to Paris, as well as accommodation in the French capital for a week.
– The Final winner’s pictures will be displayed individually in a Parisian art gallery and/or at the Fondation Alliance française’s own gallery
– Some pictures will be selected and published in French art magazines.
The great winner will be announced on the Fondation Alliance Française www.fondationalliancefr.org after October 25th, 2015.
Terms and Conditions: Photo contest regional rules can be find here.
-Participation in the contest is free. The contest is based on the submission of photos that illustrate the theme Climate, state of emergency, “Climat, état d’urgence”.
– Candidates are invited to present 2 photos illustrating the issues raised in their home country in relation to climate change, both real and perceived, as well as its consequences on people’s lives, and the initiatives that are taken or imagined to fight against its negative impact.
– Participants must be at least 18 years old
– Participants must guarantee that the photos submitted are originals not previously published (the reproduction of existing works is forbidden) and that they hold exclusive rights to the use of their work.
Deadline: 11 May 2015, 6pm
Any entries made after this date will not be taken into consideration.
What to Do:
Please fill in and sign the form (download the form) and send it with your pictures (two photos- TIFF or JPEG with a resolution of 300 dpi) to your local Alliance Française.
Be careful, any application that doesn’t respect the terms and condition or is incomplete will not be taken into account