Unlocking new investment frontiers and consumer market opportunities for growth.
Africa offers huge consumer market potential for fast growth companies and entrepreneurs; is becoming an increasingly important destination for global businesses and investors. The continent is among the fastest-expanding economic regions today. 7 out of 10 fast growing economies in the world are in Africa. Consumers spending are estimated to reach $1.4 trillion worth of goods and services in 2020 with a regional collective annual GPD of $2.6 trillion and home to a total population of 1.2 billion people.
Despite some notable challenges within the region, Africa is benefitting from its wealth of abundant talent, labour market, natural resources and commodities, a new era of stability, inward investment and sustained economic growth momentum. These are based on the foundations for increasingly important consumer markets with its huge opportunities for companies with the right goods, solutions and appropriate strategies to serve growing consumers. In addition to increasing ties to the global economy, also benefitting from rising middle class and infrastructure improvement.
As regional economies continues to grow, opportunities are unfolding in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods), consumer services, tourism and hospitality industries, related sectors and all along the value chains such as telecommunications, banking, infrastructure, energy, resource-related businesses and above all the agricultural sector. There are huge market growth potentials and majority remains untapped. The prospects for consumer-facing companies are bright and doing businesses in the region provide competitive and innovative companies with the opportunities to be on the cutting-edge of new products and innovative marketing practices.
The industries are the largest of the business world and encompass a large number of jobs. To succeed in these highly competitive and fast growing industries, companies need to be resilient, sufficiently capitalised, and innovative. As in all emerging and developing markets, one-size-fits-all policies, strategies, practices and solutions will not work. The region is complex and challenging, home to a diverse range of economies and consumer markets thus companies seeking to expand into the market need solutions and approaches adapted to suit local preferences and content.
This distinct conference will address the latest developments and issues in the industries from a practical standpoint, offer valuable opportunities for participants to share ideas, insights and perspectives. Don’t miss the opportunity to attend and interact with leading practitioners, business leaders, investors and government officials from across the region.
Session, panel and discussion topics on the agenda include:
- Economic development analysis: The African perspective
- Market growth outlook and potential
- Key priority areas for investment
- Financing growth: High growth and returns sectors
- Regulatory reforms and shift in market context
- Key to unlock new opportunities and create wealth
- Industry transformation and value chains improvement solutions
- Driving customer centric and innovation driven businesses
- Developing cutting edge growth strategies and practices
- An evaluation of the financial sector and capital markets
- The future of FMCG, Retail and Hospitality industries in Africa
- Establishing social business values across the enterprises and industries
- Closing energy demand and infrastructure gaps
- The changing landscape of Telecoms, Media and Technology (TMT) sectors
- Unfolding real estate and property development investment opportunities
- De-risking food security: Boosting Agri-industry growth and productivity
- Enterprise wide risks management practices
- Driving consumer excellence and improvement
- Harnessing enterprise and industrial competitiveness
Register to receive updates and visit the website for additional details and register early to take advantage of the early bird fee.
Follow this on Twitter @SSCGEForum. Share your thoughts on Twitter using #SSCGAdvisory #SSCGAfrica #SSCGNews.