With Lindsey Hilsum (International Editor, Channel 4), Yasmin Alibhai-Brown (Columnist, Independent), William Wintercross (Photographer, Telegraph) and Matthew Price(Correspondent, BBC Radio 4).
The discussion will look at issues including:
· has the news media represented the issues fairly?
· did journalists get the events in perspective and proportion?
· what’s the wider responsibility (if any) for journalists?
· how far should they show emotional engagement?
· how far should they go to try to influence policy-makers?
· what is the role of social media in shaping narratives?
The event will run from 6.45 for a 7pm start followed by a drinks reception at 8.30pm.