Investing in African Mining Indaba is an annual professional conference dedicated to the capitalisation and development of mining interests in Africa.
Investing in African Mining Indaba is the world’s largest mining investment conference and Africa’s largest mining event.
- 20+ Years of establisment
- 7,000 + of the most internationally-diversified and influential professionals in African mining (2013 record breaking year)
- An average 100 countries & territories across six continents represented annually
- 45 African and Non-African Government delegations in participation
- 2,300 international companies represented in the delegation
- 400 (approximately) sponsoring companies representing an impressive sampling of the world’s largest mining companies by market cap
- BILLIONS OF US DOLLARS of foreign investment have been channeled into the African mining value chain throughout the last 19 years of the annual Mining Indaba. The successful collaboration amongst the organisers, the South African and many other African governments, and Mining Indaba’s partners have led to this success
- R610 MILLION in revenue has flowed directly to the local Cape economy throughout as a result of Mining Indaba (tracking from 2007-2015). This revenue includes hotels, tourism, shopping, golf and more
- 5,000 direct and indirect jobs have been created as a result of the Mining Indaba (tracking from 2007 through 2015)
- 20,000 hotel room nights sold across 40 accommodations sites in the immediate cape area
- 100% commitment by the organisers of Mining Indaba to partner with suppliers in South Africa who are currently or in the process of BEE certified
The annual Mining Indaba is the foremost global gathering for investing in the African mining value chain. The largely interactive and market led programme brings together the leading representatives from the mining investment community, the world’s largest mining houses and Government ministries to share insights into how the sector can drive investments and capitalise on the opportunities available to Africa’s mining industry.
The programme has been co-ordinated to ensure that each and every delegate can strategically maximise their time at Mining Indaba and take away key information on the industry that cannot be accessed anywhere else.
For information and tickets click here.