Event Date and time: Thursday 23rd February | 17:00 – 19:00
Event website: Film Africa: Young Audiences Teachers’ Evening
Event Cost: Free
Calling all Haringey Teachers!
This year, we are proud to be launching Film Africa Young Audiences: an educational programme of screenings of features films, animation and documentaries by film-makers from Africa and the African diaspora for primary schools, secondary schools, university students and youth groups.
Join us for refreshments and a presentation of the year’s programme:
- Films to engage, inspire and educate
- Workshops to enhance learning, guide discussion and deepen understanding
- Resources to extend thinking, spark questioning and support writing
As our guests you will also have the opportunity to:
- Make priority bookings for screenings on behalf of your school
- Have a guided tour of the Bernie Grant Arts Centre.
- Join the Royal African Society Education network for further CPD opportunities and schools workshops.
We believe that film is a key cultural tool to engage, inspire and educate children, young people and their teachers. We celebrate the diversity of the African continent through cinema and aim to make the rich tapestry of African peoples, cultures and experiences more visible to young learners.
If you have any questions please contact the RAS Education Programme Manager Joanna Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests are invited to stay on for a screening of He Named Me Malala at 7pm at the discounted price of £5.