Event Date and time: Friday 7th July, 2017 | 18:00 – 20:00
Venue details: Africa Centre The Hub | Arch 28 – Old Union Yard Arches, Union Street | London SE1 0BL
Event website: Africa Diaspora and Development Day AD3 2017
Event cost: Free
Young Diaspora Entrepreneurs Investing in Africa’s Future
- By 2050, Africa’s youth will almost double, from 230 to 452 million.
- The fastest growing African economies have not created enough jobs for youth.
- In 2015, 60% of Africans were under 25 years old.
- Of the 25 fastest growing economies in the world between 2004 and 2014, ten are African.
- Nearly 15 million young Africans were unemployed in 2015.
Ibrahim Forum Report 2017
Five points that can be seen as a problem or an opportunity…what do you see?
African youth are the Tipping Point for the future of Africa. Young African diaspora entrepreneurs, innovative thinkers, great minds looking for careers on the continent are critical in shaping this tipping point. Do you want to know how you can play a role?
AFFORD’s 17th African Diaspora and Development Day (AD3) in partnership with The Africa Centre will focus on Business and Investment opportunities that young Africans in the diaspora can tap into. These include:
– Starting or expanding your business to an African country
– Establishing a cultural enterprise right where you are (clothes, restaurants, books, media etc.)
– Investing in Africa through various financial products or becoming an Angel Investor for much less than you think
– Taking advantage of the rental needs on the continent and investing in property the right way
AD3 will have experts sharing their success stories, how they did it and what to watch out for. Every challenge is an opportunity, equally every opportunity will come with its challenges so – come and learn from those who have already lived it.