10 Podcasts You Should Be Listening To
Say hello to a newly reenergised way of communicating – podcasts. 2016 has seen a rise in millennials finding a new way to engage with audiences through discussing hard-hitting topics and laugh-out-loud banter. Here is a list, in no particular order, of WOA’s top-10 this year!
20Something Podcast 20Something Podcast is a weekly series aimed to make you laugh, cry and think. Each episode Naomi invites guests to discuss a variety of topics affecting the global black community. Get involved in this cultural discussion by using #20SPodcast on Twitter. Also, visit the website http://20somethingpodcast.com/ for extra content.
- The Receipts Podcast is a fun, honest podcast fronted by four girls; @Ghanasfinestx, @tolly_t, Phoebe Parke and Milena Sanchez who are willing to talk about anything and everything. From relationships to to everyday life experiences, you can expect unadulterated girl talk with no filter.
- Mostly Lit Podcast
- Join presenters of Mostly Lit; Alex Reads, Reckless Rai and Mr Wiltshire, in their journey to keep up with the London experience, while exploring the intersection of literature, millennial wellness and black pop-culture. Check them out weekly as they discuss key themes in a fun, playful and (sometimes shady) insightful way.
Artistic State of Mind Podcast
Artistic State of Mind features two siblings Juliana and Stephen who spend most of their time debating and educating themselves on the modern workings of the music and the arts industry. The two go from Kanye to Steve McQueen in a banter-filled and honest way only siblings can.
Melanin Millenials Podcast
- Melanin Millennials is hosted by Londoner’s Imrie and Satia. The ladies are 20-something, black women that care about the news and media they consume. Listen to the ladies bring hilarious Whatsapp conversations to life and they don’t hold back on serving all the tea, crumpets, shade and woke commentary.
- Adzvice Podcast
- Not Your African Cliché Podcast
- Black Girls Laughing Podcast
- Chicken and Jollof Rice Show Podcast
- The Chicken & Jollof Rice Show is a podcast featuring four first-generation African-Americans and their perspectives on current events, pop culture and the dichotomy of their “bi-cultural” upbringings. They take both humorous and serious slants on a bevy of topics, giving alternate perspective to the issues of the day. Also, visit the website http://www.cnjrshow.com/ for extra content.
- 3 Shots Of Tequila